We are partnering with one of the top Italian restaurants in Florida to identify a chef specializing in Italian (classic Roman) cuisine. This position is based just outside of Orlando, in a gorgeous lakefront setting.
This well-established, family-owned restaurant is well respected in the community, has received numerous awards and has built an exceptionally loyal customer base over 40 years.
Continuity is incredibly important here; it is about the food and giving patrons an experience that would recreate the experience of what it would be like in a restaurant in Rome, with a casual elegance feel.
You must have a true passion for cooking as this is a hands-on position in addition to monitoring the kitchen. We are looking for someone to join the team who has an appreciation for the existing recipes and menus, yet willing to create and introduce new ideas. The role includes managing food and labor costs and creating a positive atmosphere for the staff.
You will be reporting to the owner and to the general manager. The kitchen staff is comprised of nine professionals.
Qualities and Attributes
- Even-tempered. Level-headed. Handles pressure well.
- Able to overcome challenges as they arise.
- Attention to detail. There are no shortcuts, as the pasta is made from scratch, and everything is made to order
- Outstanding communication skills - a great collaborator and listener
- Ability and willingness to partner with the entire staff and management
- Great customer service skills
- Steady hand in the kitchen
- Independent enough to take the lead
- Willing to take and apply constructive feedback
You will be working under an exceptionally smart owner and manager, who each have a clear vision and mission for the restaurant and are very open to collaboration and other’s ideas. They have warm and welcoming personalities and are fair and consistent with their leadership. They hold everyone to high expectations, value clear and honest communication, and make decisions that best serve the restaurant.
- Put out perfect food to every table every time
- Be professional, courteous and detail-oriented
- Be respectful of colleagues, and work well within a team
- Performance is partially measured on financial goals, guest feedback, and on observations of kitchen, food, and interactions
5+ years of experience as a chef in a fine dining restaurant
3+ years of experience as a chef in an Italian restaurant
Additional Skills Required
- Balancing the kitchen
- Food cost control
- Team management
- Labor cost control
- Quality control
- OSHA compliance
- FDA compliance
- Ability to butcher
$60,000 to $70,000 per year depending on experience. Health Insurance and two weeks paid vacation per year are also offered.
Please submit resume to:
Hudson River Career Resources
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check, and will be conducted upon acceptance of an offer.
Hudson River Career Resources and its clients are Equal Opportunity Employers
We are partnering with one of the top Italian restaurants in Florida to identify a chef specializing in Italian (classic Roman) cuisine. This position is based just outside of Orlando, in a gorgeous l...
We have an immediate opportunity for a Sales & Marketing Representative to support our client’s quickly growing business efforts. This is a B2B sales role, based in Colonie, NY.
We seek a highly energetic and positive individual who can develop business relationships with clients and customers. You must be able to think quickly, listen, understand and respond to client’s and prospect’s needs, and present options that will help build a long-standing relationship.
A high level of professionalism – in person, via phone and email is essential to success in this role. Previous outside sales experience is preferred. If you are driven, reliable, have a positive attitude and truly want to have the opportunity to build your sales and marketing expertise, we’d like to hear from you.
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with insurance agencies, adjusters and property management companies, and other potential clients
- Use existing lists, social media, and other avenues to attract and follow up with potential clients
- Research prospects for new accounts or referral sources, and create an action plan and introduction
- Organize and attend networking and promotional events including continuing educational seminars
- Maintain detailed records of all interactions and input data into sales tracking software
- Attend daily meetings with operations team to stay current on projects and upcoming opportunities
- Prior sales experience
- 2-year degree required; 4 year degree highly preferred
- Dedication, a great work ethic, accessibility, and outstanding follow up skills
- Highly professional and presentable, in person, on the phone and in writing
- Valid NYS driver license
A pre-employment drug screen and background check will be conducted upon an offer of employment.
Our client offers a competitive compensation plan with a base salary of $30K to $40K depending on experience, and commission potential. Benefits include healthcare, paid holidays, and vacation time. You may be provided with a company cell phone, and a company vehicle.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Hudson River Career Resources
This is a full time, direct hire position. The process will move quickly!
Hudson River Career Resources and our client are Equal Opportunity Employers.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]
We have an immediate opportunity for a Sales & Marketing Representative to support our client’s quickly growing business efforts. This is a B2B sales role, based in Colonie, NY. We seek a highly en...
We are partnering with a locally based healthcare group to identify a high performing HR Generalist/Manager to lead a quickly growing team. You’ll be partnering with highly talented professionals and clinicians who are exceptionally dedicated to the success of the business, the patients and the employees.
In this multi-faceted role, you will be supporting over 100 employees who work in multiple locations across the Capital District. In close partnership with management at each site, you will help foster a loyal and supportive culture, oversee day-to-day HR functions, enforce all HR policies and compliance and look out for the needs of every employee.
- Oversee all forms of leave including FMLA, PFL, Disability, COVID, etc. Stay on top of all laws, regulations on state and federal levels
- Ensure that all COVID policies, changes, regulations and laws are rolled out in a timely manner and communicated clearly to all employees
- Consistently recruit to manage the growth of the organization
- Conduct annual workplace training including OSHA, workplace harassment avoidance, HIPAA, etc.
- Ensure that all employee communications and changes are accurately and appropriately shared in a timely manner
- Address and resolve disciplinary issues in collaboration with management at each location
- Update employee handbook, and ensure proper signatures, documentation and compliance
- Conduct new employee orientations
- Lead benefits enrollment and eligibility processes, while ensuring proper deductions are updated in the ADP payroll system. Coordinate all aspects of open enrollment.
- Oversee the annual performance appraisal process
- Provide quarterly reports to Finance
- Continually assess and refine processes to enhance productivity and compliance, and to best serve the employees
- 5-7 years in an HR capacity, with management background
- Exceptional knowledge of all HR laws
- Current experience managing leave, particularly with COVID
- Willingness to be accessible off-hours or weekends to accommodate time sensitive situations
- 4-year degree highly preferred
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation a plus
- Active affiliation with CRHRA and SHRM preferred
Key Attributes and Qualities
Our client needs a true team player who is loyal to management and peers, and supportive of the mission and direction of the organization. There is the opportunity for growth and an increase in scope of responsibility.
The leadership team you’ll work with is fair, values equity, and does not micromanage. They are looking for an exceptionally skilled individual who will be trustworthy, use sound judgement and be accountable for ideas and actions.
Salary is based upon experience, education and certifications. This position may be bonus eligible.
Included in the compensation is a 401(k) plan, profit sharing, medical and generous PTO. You may purchase dental and life insurance.
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary expectations using the email address below, or via our application field.
Alison Johnson, MBA
Hudson River Career Resources
Hudson River Career Resources and its client are Equal Opportunity Employers[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]
Our nonprofit client is a long-standing membership and community-based organization offering a broad scope of programs and services to all ages. As the leadership team continue to strengthen and evolve, they are seeking a Human Resource Manager on a part time (25-30 hours) basis. This position may become full time down the road; it will be based upon organizational need, and is not guaranteed.
You will be the sole HR presence for the organization, supporting an employee base of approximately 160 employees, which grows during summer months.
As a member of a collaborative management team, you’ll report directly to the CEO, and will partner closely with each leader to oversee the daily HR operations, enhance the culture, morale, communication and engagement for employees, and guide the organization with quickly changing compliance and legal requirements.
Communication is a key component of this position, with the goals of creating transparent, appropriate free-flowing information across departments, sharing ideas, and creating accountability.
This is a fast paced, warm and welcoming setting where honesty, support and collaboration are essential for success. We need someone who can truly develop rapport with each and every employee, build trust, and reinforce a culture that will increase employee retention and satisfaction.
As a leader within a membership driven organization, it is equally important to be an accessible, articulate and professional presence to members, the Board of Directors, and in the community.
- 7 years of HR experience with a minimum of 2-4 years at the management level
- 4-year degree preferred. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification also preferred
- Expertise in all facets of HR, with an emphasis on employee relations, compliance. FLSA requirements, leave management and employee engagement
- Proven experience with the following:
- Managing benefits plans in partnership with an outside broker
- Developing and delivering HR related training, updating employee handbooks, recruiting, onboarding, writing job descriptions and determining equitable pay structures, and managing employee filing and documentation in compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Internal communications and effective messaging
- Strong experience supporting the payroll function, and willingness to have a hands-on role
- Ability and confidence to lead the HR function independently. You will have outside resources available to provide guidance for specific needs
- Business minded with ability to understand budgets and financial positioning and planning
- Willingness to represent the organization with attendance and support at events, programs and fundraisers
This is an opportunity to join an energetic and dedicated team!
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary below.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our nonprofit client is a long-standing membership and community-based organization offering a broad scope of programs and services to all ages. As the leadership team continue to strengthen and...