We are partnering with one of the top Italian restaurants in Florida to identify a chef specializing in Italian (classic Roman) cuisine. This position is based just outside of Orlando, in a gorgeous lakefront setting.
This well-established, family-owned restaurant is well respected in the community, has received numerous awards and has built an exceptionally loyal customer base over 40 years.
Continuity is incredibly important here; it is about the food and giving patrons an experience that would recreate the experience of what it would be like in a restaurant in Rome, with a casual elegance feel.
You must have a true passion for cooking as this is a hands-on position in addition to monitoring the kitchen. We are looking for someone to join the team who has an appreciation for the existing recipes and menus, yet willing to create and introduce new ideas. The role includes managing food and labor costs and creating a positive atmosphere for the staff.
You will be reporting to the owner and to the general manager. The kitchen staff is comprised of nine professionals.
Qualities and Attributes
- Even-tempered. Level-headed. Handles pressure well.
- Able to overcome challenges as they arise.
- Attention to detail. There are no shortcuts, as the pasta is made from scratch, and everything is made to order
- Outstanding communication skills – a great collaborator and listener
- Ability and willingness to partner with the entire staff and management
- Great customer service skills
- Steady hand in the kitchen
- Independent enough to take the lead
- Willing to take and apply constructive feedback
You will be working under an exceptionally smart owner and manager, who each have a clear vision and mission for the restaurant and are very open to collaboration and other’s ideas. They have warm and welcoming personalities and are fair and consistent with their leadership. They hold everyone to high expectations, value clear and honest communication, and make decisions that best serve the restaurant.
- Put out perfect food to every table every time
- Be professional, courteous and detail-oriented
- Be respectful of colleagues, and work well within a team
- Performance is partially measured on financial goals, guest feedback, and on observations of kitchen, food, and interactions
5+ years of experience as a chef in a fine dining restaurant
3+ years of experience as a chef in an Italian restaurant
Additional Skills Required
- Balancing the kitchen
- Food cost control
- Team management
- Labor cost control
- Quality control
- OSHA compliance
- FDA compliance
- Ability to butcher
$60,000 to $70,000 per year depending on experience. Health Insurance and two weeks paid vacation per year are also offered.
Please submit resume to:
Hudson River Career Resources
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check, and will be conducted upon acceptance of an offer.
Hudson River Career Resources and its clients are Equal Opportunity Employers