We offer a wide range of services to assist you, whether you are starting to think about making a transition, beginning the process, or in the midst of your search.
Direct hire recruitment is offered for all levels within an organization, from entry level to the C-suite.
Personalized and comprehensive outplacement services, and invaluable resources for your employees during a downsizing / reduction in force / layoff.
Why we are different.
We just really love what we do!
Hudson River Career Resources, LLC, founded by Alison Johnson, has been delivering a unique blend of services for both employers and job seekers since 2003.
We have measurable success. In our profession, our accomplishments are about the quality, more than the quantity.
- Our energy, sincerity, expertise, and networks
- 20+ years of experience, spanning corporate HR, consulting, and entrepreneurship
- A commitment to consistency, service and our community
- The ability and experience to serve clients nationally
- Our breadth and scope of services which complement and align with each other
- A critical element of our success is to not be mechanical, use templates, or follow an overly structured process. Each discussion and deliverable is specific. Creativity is key!
- The willingness and ability to go above and beyond for everyone we support
- Our relationships make a huge difference in our services – both during the process, and the end result
To provide a distinct mix of honest, thorough, sincere and high quality services to employers and professionals. To serve as an employer consultant and partner with the employment life cycles, ranging from staffing and hiring, to offboarding and supporting employees upon separation from employment. To serve as a consultant and adviser to professionals through the entire career search process and beyond.
Applying over 20 years of experience in human resources and recruitment, including consulting and corporate HR roles, Alison has a true understanding of how to identify and connect talent with organizations, and how to help individuals position themselves for success in the job market. Within this specialty niche, she has created a deep network and a distinctive approach to the profession. Alison recruits, provides outplacement, and offers career consulting for all levels, and within most industries, and geographic regions.
With a warm, welcoming and direct approach, Alison focuses on establishing short and long term goals, with an emphasis on getting into action quickly. Alison’s sincerity, thoroughness, and absolute quality is what has continued to differentiate her abilities.
She is fantastic at remembering her contacts and work history, which has helped her create connections and maintain sincere working relationships with all of the clients and professionals she supports.
Background and Expertise
Alison’s philosophy and tactical approach to recruiting candidates and serving clients has continued to evolve, based on her early career experience as a third party recruiter. As the recruitment and HR manager for one of the area’s largest employers, she then gained the perspective of a customer, which helped shape her expectations from outside firms. Alison also served as a founder and partner in a second staffing firm for ten years, providing exceptional experience in business leadership, sales, marketing, and client services.
- MBA, University of Albany
- BA in Rhetoric and Communication, University at Albany
Board Memberships and Affiliations
- Co-founder and past president of the Capital Region Recruiters’ Network (CRRN)
- Past president and board member of the Capital Region Human Resource Association (CRHRA)
- Member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Member of the Capital Region and Bethlehem Chambers of Commerce
- Member of the Board of Trustees of Congregation Beth Emeth
- Past board member of the Albany Jewish Community Center
- Member of the UAlbany Career Advisory Network
- Volunteer for JDRF of Northeastern New York
- Member of the 2016 NYC Marathon’s JDRF team
Selected Publications, Media, and presentations
- Panelist, speaker, and trainer for clients, professional associations, colleges, schools, and community organizations
- Webinar presenter for the UAlbany Alumni Career Speaker Series
- Guest lecturer for the UAlbany School of Business
- Author of bi-weekly articles entitled “Job Seeker Tips” published on RegionalHelpWanted.com
- Interviewee for Monster.com’s recruitment book, and multiple articles in the Times Union, Albany Business Review, The Gazette, and other publications