Human Resource Manager – Part time
Our nonprofit client is a long-standing membership and community-based organization offering a broad scope of programs and services to all ages. As the leadership team continue to strengthen and evolve, they are seeking a Human Resource Manager on a part time (25-30 hours) basis. This position may become full time down the road; it will be based upon organizational need, and is not guaranteed.
You will be the sole HR presence for the organization, supporting an employee base of approximately 160 employees, which grows during summer months.
As a member of a collaborative management team, you’ll report directly to the CEO, and will partner closely with each leader to oversee the daily HR operations, enhance the culture, morale, communication and engagement for employees, and guide the organization with quickly changing compliance and legal requirements.
Communication is a key component of this position, with the goals of creating transparent, appropriate free-flowing information across departments, sharing ideas, and creating accountability.
This is a fast paced, warm and welcoming setting where honesty, support and collaboration are essential for success. We need someone who can truly develop rapport with each and every employee, build trust, and reinforce a culture that will increase employee retention and satisfaction.
As a leader within a membership driven organization, it is equally important to be an accessible, articulate and professional presence to members, the Board of Directors, and in the community.
- 7 years of HR experience with a minimum of 2-4 years at the management level
- 4-year degree preferred. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification also preferred
- Expertise in all facets of HR, with an emphasis on employee relations, compliance. FLSA requirements, leave management and employee engagement
- Proven experience with the following:
- Managing benefits plans in partnership with an outside broker
- Developing and delivering HR related training, updating employee handbooks, recruiting, onboarding, writing job descriptions and determining equitable pay structures, and managing employee filing and documentation in compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Internal communications and effective messaging
- Strong experience supporting the payroll function, and willingness to have a hands-on role
- Ability and confidence to lead the HR function independently. You will have outside resources available to provide guidance for specific needs
- Business minded with ability to understand budgets and financial positioning and planning
- Willingness to represent the organization with attendance and support at events, programs and fundraisers
This is an opportunity to join an energetic and dedicated team!
Please submit resume, cover letter and salary below.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer